Sunday, November 16, 2008

Veteran's Day Tribute

Yes, I know this is a few days late, but the sentiment and gratitude is just as heartfelt as ever. We made this little video last Sunday while Melissa was still flush with pride and excitement because she sang the Star Spangled Banner at her church in honor of the veterans. You might not think that what you are seeing on this video is interesting or exciting, but it represents HUGE accomplishments that these girls have made in facing their challenges. We wish to dedicate it to all of our Veterans. You are our HEROES!!



I actually did try to upload this last week, but our intermittent internet service stymied the attempt. We have finally reached the last straw with Embarq's off and on service and switched over to cable, which has brought about a rather ground-breaking, earth-shaking change to our household of 35 and a half years: For the first time ever, we have TV in our house! (Well, at least for 6 months, until the special introductory offer expires.) So, I am rediscovering the main reason why I can't live in a house with TV: it totally sucks me in! As if I didn't have enough excuses to stay up all night, last night I stayed up until 4 in the morning watching an Emergency Room show on Discovery channel. Reason #2 (or perhaps, this should be reason #1) I am constantly telling Agape to be quiet. . . .ughh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made me cry to hear Agape say the pledge of allegiance!! It was beautiful!!