Monday, March 02, 2009

Gypsy's Shiny Diner Adventure

Click to Mix and Solve

The Minister of Fun was almost caught short this weekend. Whenever I take a group of kids to a handbell festival, I always plan an elaborate mystery trip; often, not even the moms know where we are going. But this weekend, the mystery trip was pre-empted by the NC State homeschool basketball tournament on Friday. (My Lady Panthers finished third!) Or, at least, I thought it was pre-empted! After the basketball games, during a potty break on the road to Raleigh, They surrounded me demanding to know what the surprise was going to be. Ummmm . . . truthfully, I didn't have a surprise up my sleeve, but I certainly couldn't admit to that, so after a quick consultation, to determine what would be worthy of a "Miss Charlotte" road trip, we made a stop at the Southpoint Mall, and let them browse in all their favorite stores and bought bathing suits for the hotel swimming pool (which was a nice surprise for them.) Then for supper, I took them to Gypsy's Shiny Diner, where Miss Kim and I proceeded to completely mortify them with our outlandish singing of the oldies with the jukebox and dancing with other patrons right out in the aisle. (not Miss Kim, of course, that would be yours truly!) They LOVED the Shiny Diner, and to my great amusement, and no doubt, the consternation of their mothers, they all three ordered chocolate milkshakes and chocolate chip pancakes for supper!













No comments: