Monday, September 22, 2008

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Click to Mix and Solve
Yep! Those are rocks. I've been looking at lots of rocks lately trying to make this huge, permanent, for the rest of my life decision: What kind of rock is going on the wall?????

So, here is the wall in its present state: Not exactly as I had imagined it, but this project has played out the same way all the rest of the job has gone this summer. I think that I have communicated clearly to the contractor the desired end result; I leave town for a week (or more); I come home to find things not quite the way I thought they would be. It's not too bad on this end; it's higher than I expected in the middle . . . .
But this is NOT at all what I had in mind! The wall just drops abruptly at the end, and there is a hill behind it that I won't be able to mow. Sheesh!!! Steep banks and hillsides are what I have been trying to eliminate.
On the brighter side, the back yard and the race track have made the journey from Mars back to green earth!

No comments: