Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My New Fashion Statement

So what do you all think of my latest fashion statement?


It's kinda cute  . . .  as orthopedic devices go. A lot more sexy than the big black boot, the recommended alternative that didn't fit.
After 10 days of DENIAL, I finally demanded an X-Ray of the offended ankle, and now I have to face the naked truth: I have a small avulsion fracture. Except it's not naked anymore. It's securely wrapped up in velcro and  hard plastic, delicately cradled in a green air cushion.
I am doing a lot of sitting, sulking, and robotically ingesting cheese and chocolates. This ain't going to be pretty.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel horribly guilty and at faulty, albeit your new look is quite stunning. : ) On our way to Cincinatti to the Creation Museum this weekend.... may be driving thru Hillsville on 77 to get there. I'll think of you.

Amy Renzulli said...

I'm SO GLAD you listened to your gut (and your daughter!) and got it checked out! In the end, the truth will set you free - you will recover so much more quickly if you know what it is and what you need to do for it. I love you, and I hope it gets better fast!