Wednesday, May 06, 2009

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles



Huh??
What do you mean those don't look like cookies?!??!
I dutifully followed the directions on the cute little country tag dangling from a ribbon around the cute little mason jar full of mixin's for a batch of delicious cookies. "Cream together 3/4 cup butter and two eggs; then stir in the contents of the jar. Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake. Shazaam!!!! I just this moment realized what I did wrong! I added 3 STICKS of butter. Good heavens! What was I thinking?!?!? Well, the first pan of cookies melted into one big puddle covering the cookie sheet and oozing over the edges into smoking pools of carbon on the bottom of my oven. So that's when I decided to use the mini muffin pans to bake the next batch, and well, you can see how that turned out (or not!)
Believe it or not, I actually had the nerve to take these pathetic crumbs to Rejoice (along with another batch of chocolate chip cookies that did turn out looking the way you'd expect cookies to look.) You just gotta know you are loved like family when you can put a box of crumbles out, slap a sign on top ordering them NOT to ask questions, just eat up because it still tastes good, and they loved it and called it "granola!" HA! some granola with 3 sticks of butter! No wonder it tasted good!
I think this post has just vaporized any illusion I might have had of becoming a legitimate food blog.

No comments: