Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Headlong into the Holidays

Here is a glimpse into what my life is like right now (and why I have been too tired or distracted to blog!) The following is lifted from a letter sent to my daughter in Germany:

All 3 of my handbell groups played this past Sunday morning magnificently. The group at Hillsville has 3 rank beginners in it; one of them is just learning to read music as we go, so I am certainly proud of them. My beginner bells played "Away in a Manger." Two 6 year olds from my baby bell group joined them for the first time in a performance and did really well. And the JoyBell Ringers just astounded everybody with their ripping rendition of "Sing We Now of Christmas." They have been playing that for a year, and really "own" the piece now.

It was a busy weekend for me. I had rehearsal Saturday morning with the Hillsville folks, then Daddy and I went up to Floyd to meet Ken and Kay at a craft festival, then we had to be back in Hillsville by 4 to see Agape walk in the Christmas parade with her Special Olympics team. Then there was a reception at church that evening to meet the "Intentional Interim" pastor. After that, I came home and prepared beef stew, salad, and homemade bread for Rejoice to have at our marathon rehearsal and performance last night. I had to be in Hillsville by 7:45am Sunday morning for the groups to play there at 8:30 (both FUMC and the Joybells), then quickly pack up, move everything to FBC, and be ready to play for the 11:00 service there. A quick birthday party for one of my ringers, then on to Winston. I wish that I could say that I (and Rejoice) played as well as my groups, but that was not the case. Oh well, there are 3 more opportunities this week to redeem ourselves.

Thursday night will be the annual pilgrimage to "The Nutcracker." Andrey and JengYung (the Jordan's exchange student") are going with us. So that will be 5 trips to Winston in one week; 6 if we decide to go to the Rice's Christmas party on Sat. Night. Now if I could just kick myself into gear and decorate, and Christmas shop, and write a Christmas letter. Tomorrow is the toffee-making day.

Now, let me see what I can find for a puzzle tonight . . .
Ahhh . . .Bells!! (since that is what my life is about this week.)
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: