Monday, September 10, 2007

Message from another McPherson

Dear All,
Greetings. I'm Charlotte's sister-in-law/friend, Lilless, the oldest living member of the McPherson clan. Charlotte has been busy being on vacation, chronicling our vacation (some of her photos are on the blog), and doing a slide show for an engaged couple. Today she leaves for a photography conference in California and asked if I would be a guest blogger, something I've never done but I do know how to write on the computer since I'm a college professor and teach an online writing course.
As many of you know, Charlotte is extremely intelligent and creative. Her photographs have won numerous awards and although she donates much of the time she spends on photography, she is also earning money with her skill now. For example, she sells her work online and on the Outer Banks of North Carolina among other places. You can see I'm a fan and since Charlotte is modest, she might not put all this information on her blog. She takes her cameras and a computer everywhere she goes except when she's actually in the ocean, tubing down the New River, water skiing, jumping off the bridge in Manteo, NC, into the water, or playing in some other body of water (as befits a mermaid).
Since I recently retired (although I'm still teaching some), I've come to stay a couple of days at what people refer to as Camp McPherson, whose proprietors are Miss Charlotte and Doctor Dave. Their home in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a refuge for many.
I'm now reading "The Mitford Bedside Companion" by Jan Karon and recommend it to anyone who has read any of the Mitford Years series and to others who just want a peaceful book to read. The series is about Father Tim, an Episcopal priest, and his family and friends in a fictional town in the mountains of North Carolina. I've read all the other books in the series with my ears (Books on Tape).
Hope you are having a wonderful day. Thank you for reading my first blog entry.
Lilless McPherson Shilling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so precious, Liless