Saturday, June 02, 2007

Wedding Season Arrrives

Puzzled Rings Jigsaw PuzzlePuzzled Rings Jigsaw Puzzle

Today, I attended a wedding without a camera in my hand. Can you imagine how frustrating?? From my seat in the choir loft, I had the BEST vantage point for shooting, but all I could do was whisper "Click!" to Yvonne who was seated next to me. I'm just like a fisherman and the proverbial "one that got away."

I will be attending a wedding photographer's seminar in Baltimore on Monday and have had to spend some time reviewing my porfolio to prepare for it. They said to pick 4 (ONLY 4!*#&!*!) of my favorites to send ahead for a slideshow. TORTURE!!! There are so many that I love. They are all like my little babies. How do you love one child more than another?!?! Which child do I choose to put on the alter of scrutiny by others in the industry who have no emotional attachment to those images? So, while it is scarry to be open to comments and criticism; at the same time, I am energized by the prospect of growing and learning from the experience. As a side benefit of this process, I am narrowing down the field and sharpening my focus to get the protfolio ready to submit to the website designer. YAH!
Here's a few that have made the cut so far:

My own dear Amy and Johnny . . .so in love!

The moment before April walked down the aisle and into Matt's arms.

Infrared image from Amy and Johnny's wedding. This is the "Mother of the Bride's view." Christa, the flower girl holding the veil is quite the beautiful young lady now. (And I do mean beautiful in every way.) Love you, sweetie! I'm going to miss you terribly this summer.

This is Muna comforting her father who is overcome by the realization that he has just travelled all the way to America from Israel to give 2 of his 5 daughters away in marriage.

No comments: