Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Blue Rose

window in window Jigsaw Puzzlewindow in window Jigsaw Puzzle

I'm back at Beaners this morning for a cup o' joe, some free wi-fi, and a little artistic doodling. I met up for lunch yesterday with my sis-in-law and a friend at a terrrific little cafe in West Ashley, the Blue Rose. Right away, I was smitten with their windows in the windows. I was inspired this morning to go beyond the photograph and explore my inner painter. The results are your puzzle today.
For those who don't have time to assemble the puzzle, here's a quick fix:


Just in case you'd be interested in seeing the image I started with:


And here's a few more from the occasion:





The food was stellar! I'll definatey be going back:
I had grilled scallops served on a potato-salmon cake with Hollandaise:



My sis-in-law is celebrating her 65th birthday and impending retirement today!


just some long-time gal-friends (the self-portrait)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did check out your website blog. I so enjoyed waiting on you and your friends. You were a breath of fresh air. I am just sorry we were so busy and I did not have time to enjoy your beautiful spirits. The pictures are fantastic. I will pass them on to the owner. Thank you again and please visit soon.
Darrell