Saturday, July 21, 2007

Amy's trip to Wyoming, Part IV

Mom is back, as you can see, but I have more pictures from my trip that I still want to share. First of all, thank you so much to Paula in Fredericksburg for your nice comments. I'm so glad that you have enjoyed my posts.

Okay, hang on, because I have a bunch of pictures and I'm going to get through them all. To start off, how about some animals?

I have never seen a fox like this, and certainly not one walking around in people's yards with her babies, but Wyoming is apparently the kind of place where this isn't so uncommon. The first time I saw her I thought she looked kind of mangy and scary, but when I got a closer look at her I came to see her more as beautiful in a very wild sort of way.



Yes, this is a house that she is in front of.


In Yellowstone Park, buffaloes have the right of way:



On the way home from Yellowstone, in Grand Teton National Park, a bunch of cars were pulled over on the side of the road and a ranger was there. My first thought was that there had been a car accident, but when I got closer, this is what I saw on the other side of the street:



And just to show you how close these bears were:



Here are a few more shots from my walks around the neighborhood:




These horses were way across the field, but when they saw me taking pictures they headed over to say hello. It was the sweetest thing, although I was pretty sure they were hoping I had some carrots stuck up my sleeve - they kept trying to nibble my sweater!




I wanted a picture of myself with the horses, so I held the camera behind my head and took this shot. I think it's kind of funny how much my hair looks like the horse's mane.



Here's some sweater nibbling:



I guess my sweater didn't taste very good:



Some more pretty closeups of plants and flowers:






On one of our last days, we headed up to the hills for a hike. Have you ever seen those signs that say "WATCH FOR FALLEN ROCKS"? This is why those signs say that:



This is the "fallen rock" that got stuck under Dave's car (I'm sticking my foot on it to show its scale):

We had to jack up the car and then rush in between cars coming up the hill to get the rock out from under the car. What happened was: we were in a long line of cars behind a slow moving truck and we didn't have much following distance. The car in front of us swerved and missed this rock, but we weren't able to do the same, so the rock got wedged under the car. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have caused any major damage, and Dave has driven from Wyoming to Tennessee without problems.


This trip was in June, but we had fresh snow - totally crazy!




This is Johnny, my forever-young husband, throwing snow balls:



Bob, our wonderful, gracious host, is an avid fly fisherman. While we were staying with him, we went to see a documentary film that featured the Cutthroat Trout. I've recently gotten into doing watercolor with espresso, so I painted a picture of a Cutthroat Trout on a thank you note for Bob to express our appreciation to him.



And one closing photo. This was my last sunset in Wyoming:


You all have my best. I now return the hijacked blog to the very competent hands of the Deputy Minister of Fun. She is sure to show you a good time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have thoroughly enjoyed sharing your trip with you!!:)

Wonderful pics....

Jamie & Sherry in Tulsa

Anonymous said...

Amy, your Wyoming tour was absolute wonderful. Thank you for sharing!
Starla

Amy Renzulli said...

Starla, I'm so glad you read my blogs. Johnny and I are so happy to hear your good news. We think you will really enjoy living in Tulsa.

Amy